The discovery of Dark Matter was the result of combined study of
galaxies, clusters and their distribution.
- Dark Matter Story is a typical scientific revolution
- Evidence for dark matter has been collected
independently in many centres.
- There are 2 dark matter problems: dark matter in
the Galaxy disk, and dark matter around galaxies and clusters.
- Dark matter in the disk is baryonic (faint stars or
Jupiters). The amount is small.
- Dark matter around galaxies is non-baryonic Cold Dark
Matter. It constitutes about 0.25 of critical cosmological density.
- Non-baryonic dark matter is needed to start early
enough gravitational clustering to form structure. This solves the Big-Bang