October 2019 Release Highlights
- NED now has over 1.1 billion distinct objects, and about 14 billion photometric data points.
- All 747 million sources from the AllWISE Source Catalog (Cutri, R. M. et al. 2013wise.rept....1C ) were integrated into NED.
- An additional 237,953 new NED objects were added from the literature, including galaxies, quasars, clusters of galaxies, supernovae, globular clusters as well as unidentified radio, visual, infrared, X-ray, and gamma-ray sources.
- 429,143 new redshifts were ingested.
- 34,691 new photometric data points were integrated into SEDs.
- 1,138,363 spectra from Sloan Digital Sky Survey DR6 (Sloan Digital Sky Survey Team 2007SDSS6.C...0000:)
- Latest review articles were added to the LEVEL 5 Knowledgebase for Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology.