Latest Release Highlights
Content and User Interface (Feburary 2020)
- 42,021 new objects from the literature have been added, along with 119,619 sources from the literature cross-identified with existing NED objects.
- 132,054 additional redshifts have been added, and 295,394 new photometric data points have been integrated into SEDs.
- Over 31,000 spectra from the ALFALFA survey have been added.
- A tutorial on how to use the NED Gravitational Wave Followup Service is added here.
User Interface (January 2020)
- A new "Survey Coverage" tab is added to the "Detailed Information for a Named Object" page, where HiPS image centered on the searched object is overlayed with SDSS9 color MOC (HEALPix Multi-Order Coverage map) in orange and GALEX GR6 AIS MOC in green.
- A new "View References in ADS" button is added on the upper left corner of all search result tables containing a "Refcode" column.